If you run into a trouble with accesing security page after installing xampp or after Windows 10 update. Reminder: You need to setup a password for phpmyadmin user, etc.
Expecially if your’e getting this error log when accesing security page:
Warning: include(lang/1%00’=1.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:xamppsecurityhtdocsindex.php on line 12 ….
Or you’re unable to access localhost/phpmyadmin with your current user/pass…
Do following steps:
- Go to this folder: c:\xampp\security\htdocs
- Locate and open lang.tmp file (ctrl+f to find and open with some text editor)
- Delete everything in file and write only: en
- Save file
- Access security page through browser (localhost/security)
- Add/Change credentials (password)
- Restart MySql in Xampp – Control Panel
- Log in on localhost/phpmyadmin with new password
P.S. Don’t forget to change password in CMS that uses MySQL (for WordPress you have to update config.php file with new password -> ‘define(‘DB_PASSWORD’, ‘newpassword’);’)
Post comment if you run into some issues.